You have several options for getting research help from a Subject Librarian. Librarians can help you refine a research topic, provide guidance on finding and citing resources, and navigate the library's online resources:
- Email your librarian: librarians can answer simple or detailed questions via email. Librarians are assigned to every academic subject at Bucknell.
- Chat with a librarian: if you have a quick question, you may chat with a librarian during regular library hours. Chat boxes are on every subject page, as well as the main library page.
Chat with librarians will be available:
- Monday - Thursday: 10am - 5pm
- Friday 10am - 4pm
Check your librarian's chat widget (on any of their Research by Subject guides) to see if they are available to chat.
During other library hours, chat with library staff is available for quick reference help.
- Text the library at 570-487-3898 (570-487-3TXT)
- This service is available during library hours
- If you text the library outside of library hours, we will respond the next day
- Make a research appointment: Librarians will have time blocked out on their calendars for research appointments. These can be conducted via videochat, or telephone.
- Information about access to Special Collections/University Archives services and resources, including digital resources, is available on the Special Collections/University Archives guide. For research inquiries and assistance requests, email: email@example.com, or telephone: (570) 577-3101.
If you have general library questions, you may contact the Library Services Desk at (570) 577-1462, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the calendar for Bertrand Library's hours