Understanding your assignment is the first step in producing a successful research paper or project. The tools in the side column will help you understand and plan out how to complete a research paper/project assignment. Below is a checklist of questions to consider before choosing a topic.
Read your assignment as soon as you get it.
- -What is the goal or purpose of the assignment?
- -When is the paper/project due? Are there additional due dates?
- -What is the length requirement? This will help determine the scope of your paper/project.
- -Is there a research component?
- -How many and what types of sources do you need?
- -What is the citation style (link to citation guides) and format of your assignment?
- -What are the grading criteria? Is there a grading rubric?
If you still have questions after working through this checklist, contact your professor for clarification.
The text in this block is © 2020, Research Services, Bucknell University and is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share-Alike International 4.0.