United States Statistical Sources
- ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the U.S. - The Statistical Abstract of the United States, published since 1878, is the authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States. The ProQuest edition continues coverage from 2012, when the Census Bureau ceased publication of the Statistical Abstract.
- Statistical Abstract of the U.S. - The Statistical Abstract of the United States, published since 1878, is the authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States.
- Statistical Abstract: Earlier Editions - online access to editions of the Statistical Abstract from 1878 - 2011.
- Print copies of most years of the Statistical Abstract are found in the Reference Collection, call number: HA 202.
- U.S. Data and Statistics - gateway to statistical sources from a number of federal agencies.
- ProQuest Statistical Insight - Abstracts and indexes statistical information from the federal and state government, private sources and international organizations.
Public Opinion Data
- General Social Survey - The GSS contains a standard 'core' of demographic, behavioral, and attitudinal questions, plus topics of special interest.
- Pew Global Attitudes Project - The Pew Global Attitudes Project is a series of worldwide public opinion surveys that encompasses a broad array of subjects ranging from people's assessments of their own lives to their views about the current state of the world and important issues of the day. More than 150,000 interviews in 54 countries have been conducted as part of the project's work.
- American National Election Studies - conducts national surveys of the American electorate.
International Statistical Sources
- United Nations Demographic Yearbook - Compiles and disseminates official statistics on a wide range of topics. Data have been collected from national statistical authorities since 1948 through a set of questionnaires dispatched annually by the United Nations Statistics Division.
- UN Data Explorer - Click on the "Topics" tab to explore datasets covering a range of topics from education to crime to environment.
- United Nations Statistics Division
- World Bank DataBank - An analysis and visualisation tool that contains collections of time series data on a variety of topics.