The Records Management program works with Bucknell University offices, departments, programs, and organizations to properly manage their records, in all formats, and to ensure that the University is complying with accepted standards, protocols, and best practices for records management.
The Assistant University Archivist and Records Management Coordinator works with the campus to
- Define procedures for managing university records.
- Provide staff training for records management procedures.
- Develop records retention and disposition schedules.
- Assist with the completion of annual and biennial records review.
- Assist with identifying and transferring university records in all formats.
The University Archivist and Records Management Coordinator works with offices to develop records retention schedules specific to the business of the office, department, or organization and advises about the proper disposition and destruction of records to ensure Bucknell University is adhering to its legal and fiscal responsibilities. Retention schedules also assist with the preservation of Bucknell University's historical records by scheduling for the transfer of select records and material to Special Collections/University Archives' university archives collection.
Records management resources, including access to records retention schedules and FAQs, are available in myBucknell:
Frequently Asked Questions
Records Retention Schedules
Transferring Records to Special Collections/University Archives
Questions? Contact email@example.com