It is recommended that potential donors first contact email@example.com or 570-577-3101 to discuss the material they wish to donate to ensure that it does not duplicate existing holdings or the materials is outside Special Collections/University Archives' collecting scope. Sending or dropping off material without contact is strongly discouraged.
Criteria for accepting donations
Acceptance of donations will be guided by the Special Collections/University Archives’ collection policy and the following criteria.
- Relationship of the material with Bucknell University and its overall long-term research value.
- Resources available to physically arrange, properly preserve, describe, and promote use of the material.
- Duplication of existing holdings.
- Physical condition and need for conservation treatment.
- Housing and space requirements.
Donors are required to complete a Deed of Gift before the donation is formally accepted by Special Collections/University Archives. The Deed of Gift will become a permanent record of Special Collections/University Archives and documents custody of the gift as well as specifies intellectual property rights, restrictions on the use of materials, and permission to digitize and exhibit donated materials.